The Mercedes-Benz E-Class offers one of the most extensive model lines in the mid-luxury segment, with Sedan, Coupe, Cabriolet and Wagon models, along with numerous powertrain choices and the renowned Mercedes-Benz 4MATIC all-wheel drive system.
Coupe and Cabriolet
- E400 Coupe RWD and 4MATIC and E400 Cabriolet RWD: direct-injection 3.0L V6 biturbo (329 hp, 354 lb-ft)
- E550 Coupe and Cabriolet: direct-injection 4.7L V8 biturbo (402 hp, 443 lb-ft)
All E-Class Coupe and Cabrio models are equipped with the ECO start/stop system to boost fuel economy and 7G-TRONIC 7-speed automatic transmissions with DIRECT SELECT lever and DIRECT SELECT shift paddles, which features short-term "M" mode. If the driver shifts up or down manually, the transmission independently switches back to the fuel-efficient automatic shift mode after a pre-determined interval.
mbrace® Connectivity Standard since model year 2016
Mercedes-Benz, which pioneered automatic emergency calling in automobiles, upgraded its mbrace® Connected Car Services in 2016, making the mbrace® Connect package standard for all models, along with five years of complimentary service.
The mbrace® Connect package includes the mbrace® Mobile App, Web Services, Roadside Connection, MB Apps, Diagnostics Data and Remote Update for five years. In addition, customers can choose from three mbrace® subscription upgrade packages: "Secure," "Concierge" and "Entertain."
The E-Class, which received a significant design enhancement for 2014, features a decidedly sporty yet elegant cabin. The 3-tube instrument cluster, central controller with a 7-inch, high-resolution display, and the analog clock between the two central vents show attention to detail that is synonymous with the brand.
Coupe: Pillarless Purity
The E-Class Coupe is the only car in its segment with a pillarless "hardtop" design. The side view through four power side windows is uninterrupted by framework. The cabin is a classic 4-seat GT design with all four of its seats covered in hand-fitted leather. The front seats are heated and 14-way power adjustable; ventilated front seats are also available.
The standard Panorama roof features a large expanse of heat-reflecting tinted glass. The only power all-glass roof in its class, the front portion tilts up or slides open at the touch of a button. A power-sliding screen filters sunlight.
Cabriolet: 20 Seconds to Sunshine
Exquisitely crafted from three layers nearly a full inch thick, the rich fabric power soft top is designed to provide coupe-like silence in the cabin. Large windows, precise tailoring and a choice of four colors deliver sleek style with the top up. In just 20 seconds it vanishes into the trunk, leaving a generous 8.8 cu-ft of cargo space. Leather, available in a wide array of colors, is exactingly topstitched and hand-fitted to the four individually contoured seats. Hand-polished Burl Walnut, Black Ash or Linden wood trim is liberally applied throughout the cabin.
The optionally available COMAND® system features a sound system with AM/FM/WB radio, in-dash DVD/CD player, in-dash memory card slot, auxiliary input jack and Bluetooth® interface for hands-free calling. Also available is
SiriusXM Satellite Radio, SiriusXM Traffic and Weather (with 3 year subscriptions included).
The available Premium 2 Package includes active ventilated front seats, Lighting Package and Lane Tracking Package, while Premium 3 Package also includes the Parking Assistant Package and Driver Assistance package.
All E-Class models are fitted with an electromechanical rack-and-pinion Direct- Steer system. This system combines speed-sensitive power steering with a variable ratio across the steering angle range. The steering system contributes towards efficiency, as energy is consumed only while steering. The electric steering system also facilitates Active Parking Assist.
Intelligent Drive technologies include:
- DISTRONIC PLUS® with Steering Assist can help the driver keep the vehicle centered in its lane and can semi-autonomously follow in-line traffic.
- The Brake Assist system BAS® PLUS with Cross-Traffic Assist is able to detect crossing traffic and pedestrians, and boost the braking power applied by the driver accordingly.
- The PRE-SAFE® Brake can detect pedestrians as well as initiate partial- autonomous braking.
- PRE-SAFE® PLUS can identify an imminent rear-end collision and then prompt the PRE-SAFE® system to trigger occupant protection measures that reduce the forces exerted on passengers. If the vehicle is stationary, it can also help prevent secondary accidents in the event of a rear-end collision by applying the brakes.
- Active Lane Keeping Assist can detect when the adjacent lane is not clear, including the presence of oncoming traffic, overtaking vehicles, crash barriers etc. Under threat of a collision, even if the lane marking is not a solid line, the system can prevent the vehicle from leaving its lane unintentionally by applying the brakes on one side. This system pairs seamlessly with Active Blind Spot Assist.
- Adaptive Highbeam Assist allows the high beams to remain permanently switched on without dazzling traffic by masking out other vehicles in the beams' cone of light.
- Active Parking Assist enables automated parking with active steering and brake control in both parallel and perpendicular spaces.
- The Surround View System will cover all four sides of the vehicle and enable a 360-degree view including virtual bird's-eye perspective – a top view of the vehicle and its immediate surroundings. Dynamic guidelines help during parking and maneuvering.
# # #
More information about Mercedes-Benz is available online at www.media.mbusa.com.