GUIDE: Blue Font = Model Year Changes / Black Font = Carryover
B-Class Electric Drive
- New Model in the USA
- 177 hp / 251 lb-ft
- Estimated EPA range of 85 miles, closer to 100 miles in real-world traffic
- MSPR is $41,450 excluding $925 destination and delivery charge
- July 2014 launch in ZEV states (CA, OR, MD, VA, NJ, NY, CT, NH, MA, ME), other states in the first half of CY2015.
- C250: Premium Package now standard (Sat radio, media interface cable, Harman/Kardon Surround Sound, Heated Front Seats)
- Becker Map Pilot (Nav) Pre-Wiring Standard
- Addition of Appearance Package (Sport seats, grey stitching on armrest/center door trim, 18" 7-spoke Bicolor wheel, Keyless-Go).
- Timing guidance: This body style coupe will continue as-is in its current form for well over another year as of summer 2014.
- C250 Coupe: continues with direct-injection 1.8-liter 4-cylinder turbo (201 hp/229 lb.-ft.)
- C350 Coupe: continues with ECO Start/Stop on direct-injection 3.5-liter V6 (302 hp/273 lb.-ft.). Available 4MATIC all-wheel drive on coupe.
- C63 AMG Coupe: continues with hand-built naturally-aspirated 6.3-liter V8 (451 hp/443 lb-ft), AMG 7-speed MCT and 18-inch twin 5-spoke alloy wheels.
- C63 AMG "Edition 507" (optional package) Coupe & Sedan: The optional C63 package replaced the optional (MY13 and earlier) P31 Development Package, boasting a maximum output of 507 hp/450 lb-ft (P31 Development package formerly had 481 hp/443 lb-ft).
All-new C-Class Sedan (built in Tuscaloosa, Alabama for USA and Canada)
- All-new body style featuring all-aluminum exterior sheetmetal and optional Intelligent Drive features (same level of active and passive safety equipment as S-Class and EClass).
- This new model is expected to provide class leadership in terms of safety, technology, and overall luxury including a striking new interior.
- New highlights include heads-up display, segment-exclusive AIRMATIC suspension, Air Balance Package, and Burmester Premium Sound.
- C-Class coupe variant will not be on the horizon for well over a year after the Fall 2014 launch.
- C300 4MATIC Sedan: features a new direct injection 4-cylinder powertrain with 241 hp and 229 lb-ft. (a rear-drive C300 arrives in Q1/2015)
- C400 4MATIC Sedan: features a new direction injection V6 biturbo engine with 329 hp and 354 lb-ft of torque.
- C63 AMG sedan: this model has not yet been officially announced.
CL-Class Coupe – becomes S-Class Coupe and is discontinued after MY2014.
CLA-Class Four-Door Coupe (was all-new for model year 2014)
- Interior ambient lighting added as part of the Interior Package
- KEYLESS-GO added as part of Premium Package
- Larger 7" display with Multimedia Package
- New steering wheel design
- CLA250 fwd/4MATIC: 208 hp/258 lb-ft.
- CLA45 AMG 4MATIC: 355 hp/332 lb-ft
CLS-Class 4MATIC Four-Door Coupe - Facelift
- New front and rear bumpers and front design
- New upgraded interior dash and overall freshened appointments
- Intelligent Drive passive/active safety systems added as optional equipment (same in content as S-Class, E-Class, and all-new MY15 C-Class).
- 9-speed transmission added to CLS550 rear-wheel drive variant
- CLS400 and CLS400 4MATIC added below existing powertrains (CLS550, CLS550 4MATIC, and CLS63 AMG S-Model 4MATIC).
- CLS400 / CLS400 4MATIC: 3.0 V6 biturbo (329 hp / 354 lb-ft)
- CLS550/CLS550 4MATIC: direct-injection 4.6-liter biturbo V8 (402 hp, 443 lb-ft)
- CLS63 AMG S-Model 4MATIC: 4MATIC now standard on 5.5-liter V8 biturbo engine with 577 hp/590 lb.-ft.; Standard Equipment for this new high-performance model include, RACE START Function AMG SPEEDSHIFT MCT 7-Speed Sports Transmission COLLISION PREVENTION ASSIST, AMG Adaptive Sport Suspension, AMG 4MATIC All-Wheel Drive, mbrace2
E-Class Coupe and Cabriolet
- E400 coupe/cabriolet replace E350 variants (E550 coupe/cabriolet remain in the lineup)
- E400 Coupe RWD and 4MATIC: has optional all-wheel-drive and direct-injection 3.0-
liter V6 (329 hp, 354 lb.-ft.)
- E400 Cabriolet RWD: has a direct-injection 3.0-liter V6 (329 hp, 354 lb.-ft.)
- E550 Coupe and Cabriolet: continues with direct-injection 4.6-liter biturbo V8 (402 hp, 443 lb.-ft.)
E-Class Sedan and Wagon
- E400 rwd and 4MATIC sedan replaces E550 4MATIC sedan
- E250 BlueTEC rear-wheel drive or 4MATIC Sedan: 2.1-liter 4-cylinder turbodiesel: 195 hp/369 lb.-ft.
- E350 rear-wheel drive or 4MATIC Sedan: (direct-injection 3.5-liter V6: 302 hp/273 lb.-ft.
- E350 4MATIC Wagon: direct-injection 3.5-liter V6: 302 hp/273 lb.-ft.
- E400 HYBRID Sedan: electric motor and direct-injection 3.5-liter V6:27 hp + 302 hp, 184 lb-ft + 273 lb-ft.
- E400 rwd and 4MATIC Sport Sedan: turbocharged direct-injection 3.0-liter biturbo V6: 329 hp/354 lb.-ft.
- E63 AMG 4MATIC Sedan: AMG biturbo 5.5-liter V8 (550 hp/531 lb-ft)
- E63 AMG S-Model 4MATIC Sedan and Wagon: AMG biturbo 5.5-liter V8 (577 hp/590 lb-ft)
- No major changes
- G550: continues with a V8 engine (382 hp/391 lb-ft) & 18" 5-twin-spoke wheels
- G63 AMG: continues with 5.5-liter direct-injection biturbo V8 engine (536 hp/560 lb-ft) with ECO Start/Stop.
- GL450 receives V6 biturbo engine with 362 hp / 369 lb-ft and improved fuel economy.
- Start/stop now available on all engine variants except GL350 BlueTEC.
- GL350 BlueTEC 4MATIC: continues with V6 turbodiesel (240hp/455 lb-ft) with 19" 5- twin-spoke wheel
- GL450 4MATIC: now with V6 biturbo engine (362hp/369 lb-ft)
- GL550 4MATIC: continues with direct-injection twin-turbo V8 (429hp/516 lb-ft) with flared wheel arches, exposed tailpipes, deeper aprons and 21" 5-twin-spoke wheels.
- GL63 AMG: high-performance SUV continues w/hand-built AMG V8 engine (550hp/560 lb-ft)
- All-new small SUV joins the biggest luxury SUV portfolio (G/GL/GLK/ML)
- Shared tech with CLA 4-door coupe
- USA-bound GLA250 get a raised suspension which is the European offroad package
- GLA45 AMG is identical to the global setup in suspension and overall settings
- GLA250 fwd (Spring 2015)/4MATIC: 208 hp/258 lb-ft.
- GLA45 AMG 4MATIC: 355 hp/332 lb-ft
- No major changes
- GLK250 BlueTEC 4MATIC: late model year 2013 entrant in April 2013 continues with a 2.1-liter 4-cylinder diesel engine (200 hp/369 lb-ft) mated to all-wheel-drive powertrain and 19" 5-triple-spoke wheels
- GLK350 rear-wheel drive and 4MATIC: All-wheel-drive model (and available RWD variant) features 3.5-liter direct-injection V6 engine (302 hp/273 lb-ft) with ECO Start/Stop and 19" 5-triple-spoke wheels
- ML250 4MATIC with 4-cyl clean diesel replaces ML350 4MATIC with V6 clean diesel
- ML400 4MATIC with V6 biturbo replaces ML550 4MATIC with V8 biturbo
- ML250 BlueTEC 4MATIC: now with 4-cylinder> (200 hp/369 lb-ft)
- ML350 4MATIC: continues with direct-injection 3.5-liter V6 (302 hp/273 lb-ft)
- ML350: continues with rear-wheel drive variant (debuted for model year 2013).
- ML400 4MATIC: with V6 biturbo (329 hp / 354 lb-ft)
- ML63 AMG: high-performance SUV continues with direct-injection 5.5-liter biturbo V8 with 518 hp/516 lb-ft and 20" AMG 5 spoke wheels. Optional AMG Performance Package yields 550hp/560 lb-ft.
S-Class Sedan (was new for model year 2014)
- Touchpad with swiping/menu/presets logic replaces physical keypad
- Addition of S-Class Coupe
- S550: direct-injection 4.6-liter biturbo V8 (455 hp/516 lb-ft)
- S63 AMG 4MATIC: 577 hp / 664 lb-ft V8 biturbo
- S600 Sedan-only: 523 hp / 612 lb-ft
- S65 AMG: 621 hp / 738 lb-ft
- SL400 added to existing portfolio (in addition to SL550, SL63, and SL65)
- SL400: 3.0 V6 biturbo (329 hp / 354 lb-ft) added to portfolio
- SL550: continues with direct-injection 4.6-liter biturbo V8 (429 hp/516 lb.-ft) with ECO Start/Stop and more fuel-efficient 7-speed automatic transmission and 18" twin 5-spoke wheels. 0-60 in 4.5 seconds
- SL63 AMG: continues with 5.5-liter direct-injection biturbo AMG V8 (530 hp, 590 lb-ft) with ECO Start/Stop and AMG 7-speed MCT with 4 shift modes and RACESTART function. Standard AMG DRL's, twin-lamella grille, and trunk spoiler. Optional Performance Package continues with 557hp/664 lb-ft.
- SL65 AMG: high-performance 6.0-liter V12 model (621hp, 738lb-ft) now features 7-speed automatic transmission.
- No major changes
- SLK250: continues with direct-injection 1.8-liter 4-cylinder turbo (201 hp/229 lb.-ft.) available with 6-speed manual or 7-speed automatic and 17-inch 5-spoke wheels
- SLK350: With model year 2013, Premium1 package now standard & ECO Start/Stop on direct-injection 3.5-liter V6 (302 hp/273 lb.-ft.) with 7-speed automatic transmission & 18-inch 5-spoke wheels
- SLK55 AMG: continues direct-injection 5.5-liter V8 (415 hp/398 lb-ft) featuring cylinder deactivation, ECO Start/Stop technology and 18-inch AMG 5-spoke wheels.
SLS AMG GT – discontinued after brief MY15 SLS GT Final Edition runout is complete during CY2014.
Sprinter Commercial Van – Significantly refreshed for model year 2014
Change Highlights for model year 2015 (Fall 2014 intro):
- Additional standard equipment includes Crosswind Assist (segment exclusive)
- New unique optional equipment includes 4x4 variant (with V6 only, arriving Q1/2015) and super high roof.
- 2.1-liter 4-cyl clean diesel with a 7-speed automatic transmission with power/torque ratings at 161 hp/265 lb-ft as the standard engine
- Carryover V6 clean diesel engine continues to now be optional upgrade with 5-speed transmission and power/torque ratings at 188 hp/325 lb-ft (now with optional 4x4 variant)
- Cargo Van, Crew Van, Passenger Van, MiniBus and Cab Chassis models available with both 4cyl and 6cyl 50-state BlueTEC clean diesel engines;
- Both 4 cyl and 6 cyl engines are available in 3 GVWRs (8550/9990/11,030), 3 lengths (144", 170" and 170" Extended) and 2 roof heights.
# # #