A select group of advanced golf-teaching tools are making their way to the 73rd Senior PGA Championship presented by KitchenAid on May 22-27, 2012 via the Mercedes-Benz Performance Center powered by The PGA of America. Golf enthusiasts looking to perform at their best can experience a unique opportunity to test, hone, and improve their skills during major tour events including the upcoming PGA Championship in August and the Ryder Cup in September 2012.
Through the Mercedes-Benz Performance Center, golfers can up their skill set by immersing themselves in the newest innovative golf-teaching technologies including Foresight SimulatorGC2, GolfTEC's g-SWING full swing analysis and g-PUTT putting analysis; in addition to the support of PGA Professionals guiding individuals through unique learning experiences. Mercedes-Benz is an Official Patron and the Official Vehicle of The PGA of America.
The Mercedes-Benz Performance Center operated from two exclusive Sprinter vans are detailed with the image of Mercedes official international golf ambassador Adam Scott and include the following features:
- The Foresight Simulator is an advanced golf simulator that is powered by GC2 smart camera system. It precisely captures and analyzes ball characteristics at the most critical point of measurement - club impact - to deliver the most accurate values of ball performance available today. It allows the accurate measurement of Ball Speed, Side Spin, Azimuth, Back Spin, Launch Angle, Total Spin, and calculates both Carry and Total distance.
- The simulator provides a wide range of options for the player by offering over 75 courses including Pebble Beach and St. Andrew's, and the choice of any golf ball or club.
- GolfTEC's patented g-SWING system that uses digital video, ball flight, and swing vest technology and g-PUTT system that uses motion measurement and biofeedback.
- Digital video capture to compare swing data to GolfTEC's proprietary database of more than 150 Tour Professional golf swings allowing PGA Professionals working in tandem with the biofeedback tones to alert the golfer to a positive or negative motion.
- Gaming experience using Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 2012 on Play Station Move.
- Playback of Mercedes-Benz 3D short film with golf and vehicle footage.
- Interactive touch-screen experience highlighting Mercedes-Benz vehicle and performance safety features.
In addition to the Mercedes-Benz Performance Center powered by The PGA on display at the PGA Performance Center presented by Mercedes-Benz inside the main entrance of Harbor Shores in preparation for the 73rd Senior PGA Championship presented by KitchenAid, Mercedes-Benz vehicles are also on display including the 2012 C250 Coupe, 2012 C350 Sedan, 2012 ML350 and a 2013GLK350.
About Mercedes-Benz USA
Mercedes-Benz USA (MBUSA), headquartered in Montvale, New Jersey, is responsible for the distribution, marketing and customer service for all Mercedes-Benz and Maybach products in the United States. MBUSA offers drivers the most diverse line-up in the luxury segment with 14 model lines ranging from the sporty C-Class to the flagship S-Class sedans and the SLS AMG supercar.
MBUSA is also responsible for the distribution, marketing and customer service of Mercedes-Benz Sprinter Vans and smart in the US. More information on MBUSA and its products can be found at www.mbusa.com, www.mbsprinterusa.com and www.smartusa.com
Accredited journalists can connect with and follow us at:
Media Site: www.media.mbusa.com
About The PGA of America
Celebrating its 96th year, The PGA of America has maintained a twofold mission of its founders: to establish and elevate the standards of the profession and to grow interest and participation in the game of golf.
By establishing and elevating the standards of the golf profession through world-class education, career services, marketing and research programs, The PGA enables its professionals to maximize their performance in their respective career paths and showcases them as experts in the game and in a multi-billion dollar golf industry.
By creating and delivering dramatic world-class championships and exciting and enjoyable promotions that are viewed as the best of their class in the golf industry, The PGA of America elevates the public's interest in the game, the desire to play more golf, and ensures accessibility to the game for everyone, everywhere. The PGA of America brand represents the very best in golf.
# # #